Saturday, November 10, 2007

Fanatic Football Fans

(Above) This is the lady who was screaming at me today at the football game and this is her son (below):










Absolutely gorgeous day today. High 60's (low 70's, maybe???). Plenty of wonderful sunshine.

KJ's little football team played McAdory today. I'm assuming we won, I wouldn't know because I pulled my little cheerleaders off the field and left shortly into the 3rd quarter. I started to politely ask another Hoover parent to walk AROUND the girls while they're cheering rather than THRU them and she actually gave me the hand, started SCREAMING at me that HER SON was playing and BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. Seriously, the only words I was able to get out of my mouth were, "Excuse me . . . " She actually gave me the HAND. The HAND!!!! I turned to look at several of the cheer mom's for support, they looked at me and said, "let's take our girls and get the hell out of here." It was crazy. I felt very, very bad. However, I am a volunteer. I have been volunteering since mid-July and I don't deserve to be spoken to like that ESPECIALLY in front of my cheerleaders. It took every ounce of control to turn away from this woman. I have never in my entire life wanted to bitch-slap someone more than I wanted to smack this woman. I was truly ready for a throw down. I have never felt that angry before and can not believe how out of control raging mad I was. I was physically shaking and was so pumped up I could have put a cap in someone's ass. As a parent whose daughters have cheered, played softball and soccer for other people, I have never nor will I ever speak to a coach like that. I felt bad for my girls and I felt bad for the boys out there playing but my girls did not deserve to be disrespected like that. The crazy thing was, we were winning 35-0 in the 3rd quarter. I can totally understand a spector getting overzealous in an overtime game, etc. But we were WINNING 35-0 in the 3rd FREAKIN' quarter. I was visibly upset and some of my parents came over and hugged me and said we were doing the right thing.

Anyway, since we left McAdory so early, we ran over to Chris men's tourney at the old Berry Middle School. We got there just as the guys were shaking hands. I think Chris scored 5 goals in that first game and 5 or so in the 2nd game. Guess the old man still has some moves.

The girls and I left his game and headed to the mall to purchase a baby shower gift for Brooks & Greg's baby boy (to be born 2008). I bought the cutest little blankie at Gymboree w/ dogs all over it, a little long-sleeved coverall to match and a stuffed dog. The cashier gave me a 30% off coupon which just made my day!

KJ & I have our end-of-year cheer party. At least we'll have something to talk about! Ha! Ha!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't belive a parent would act that way! she is the one who should have left, that is ridiculous and to think that she'll be around the hoover games for several more years isn't a nice thought. I'm sorry that happened. I'm proud of you too for being a classy girl and handling it with dignity. you go girl!

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved