Thursday, August 9, 2007

And they're off !!!




KJ woke up happy & smiley. She said she's ready to start school today. She's been a handful the last couple of days. I think she was just nervous and excited at the same time about school starting. She's going to be in for a rude awakening, however. Her first grade teacher was very sweet and loving. Her second grade teacher, Mrs. Sunday, is very loving too but she told Kendall that Kendall WILL have nightly homework (something were not used to yet). She'll having reading every night, math work and weekly spelling words.

Chris got in from Dallas last night and we had a nice, last-hurrah-before-school-starts family dinner at one of our favorite Japanese restaurants. The place was packed. Guess other families had the same brilliant idea!

Supposed to be a scorcher today. I sent KJ to school with a big water bottle. Our favorite weather guy said 103 but closer to feeling like 110 with the heat index.

Stay Cool !!!

2 comments:

Cosmo said...

Wow, can't believe another school year has started. At first it felt like the summer lasted forever but when I was driving the girls to school it felt like the summer flew by ! Can't believe it's starting all over again, can't wait for football and cool weather, guess they are right around the corner !!

Unknown said...

I so love that your husband writes on your blog. seriously, that is so sweet! can you believe they're off to school!!!! yeah!!!! your girls look so beautiful. i'm helping with the kindergarten lunch this morning. why do i say yes to these things???? see you tomorrow and the pool.:)

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved