Monday, August 6, 2007

Laxapalooza '07


"We're losing players to soccer and lacrosse." -- Johnny Bench

Had fun at last night's Laxapalooza. Kendall won the girls division for the fastest shot (she was the only girl in her division but that's just a small technicality!). She had a 33 MPH shot. Not bad for a 7 year old little girl. One of the guys from the Major League Lacrosse had a 100 MPH shot last night (but has hit 108 MPH in competition). Chris sat behind the backstop w/ the radar gun and was flinching a lot when those 98 MPH shots were coming at him! It was hot as hell last night and those poor boys from up north were not used to the humidity.

Not much doing today. Chris left for Dallas early this morning but will be home Wednesday in time for Thursday's first day of school. Kendall's teacher's meeting is tonight and tomorrow we drop off school supplies. We'll have a "girls only day" Tuesday and do manicures and pedicures and have lunch out. Kendall is STILL not sleeping good. At 10:30 PM last night I could hear her wandering around up there.

Have a nice Monday! :-)

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved