Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Met My New Batch of Babies Today




Top Ten Reasons to Become a Preschool Teacher
1. Cute little children......cute little paycheck.
2. Confidence that you will nenver, ever forget to count to 10.
3. Attention span.......Do they have one?
4. Shoes that untie themselves.
5. Get to sing your favorite songs; over and over, and over.
6. With all this bending, who needs aerobics?
7. Play, play, play.
8. Classroom art displayed in kitchen "galleries".
9. Small hands......LARGE crayons.
10. You alone make little ones count.

It was "meet the teacher" day @ playschool this morning. Margaret & I met all 8 of our new classmates: Holden, Camila, a little boy named Jeries but they call him JuJu, Anderson, Meredith (she walked into our classroom wearing a tank top and a tutu and promptly took off her shoes), Grace, Hunter, and Ava Clare. 4 girls, 4 boys.
This is our 4th year teaching at Prince of Peace (Pinch of Peas as Kendall used to call it when she attended pre-school there) but this is the first time we've ever started the year off with 8 kids. Our first year, we had 2 little boys. Their parents loved it! They were getting one on one attention. Anyway, really looking foward to starting classes next week. Should be a really cute class.

We had a good rain last night and it cooled things down a bit. It's still hot, low 90's today, but not the triple digits we had been experiencing. A little humid today. I came across this quote today and thought it was appropriate for the last couple of days. I like all types of weather, I just can't take the relentless heat and humidity.

"Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather." -- John Ruskin

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the quote too. Your class sounds sweet and very full!! wow. I saw a couple of your little ones walking around in the hallway. I'm excited for this year too. I think its going to be great!! We have to go into it with a great attitude imagine if we didn't. yikes. The new playground is going to be great too. Love Pinch of Peas!

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved