Thursday, August 30, 2007

Porkopolis




So we head out to Cincinnati Friday afternoon for the big Hoover game vs. Colerain. T already has been excused for the day from school but Kendall has to go to school in the morning because she left her excuse note on the counter and never got it approved from her principal. I'll check her out after lunch so we can get a good start on the 8+ hour drive. It's going to be tight in the backseat w/ 3 girls (Mary Elizabeth is tagging along). Kendall & Abbie Grace has matching t-shirts to wear to the Hoover game and I bought Zachary a cool t-shirt with the game date and both team's helmets on the front. Zachary has a football game Sunday afternoon so I'll get to see him play.


I'm really looking foward to the trip. Cincinnati has always felt like home to me. I loved living there. We had all the conveniences of a "big" city without all the hassles . . . wonderful parks and museums, excellent shopping, Kings Island, world class restaurants (except the chilli; I just never got the hang of the whole Cincinnati chili thing) and major league sports. Oh! I almost forgot! I loved the Cincinnati Zoo at Christmas time! It seemed like there was always something fun and exciting to do in Cincinnati.


"Cincinnati is a beautiful city; cheerful, thriving, and animated. I have not often seen a place that commends itself so favorably and pleasantly to a stranger at first glance as this does." -- Charles Dickens

It rained pretty good here late this afternoon. It was thundering & lightening so I had to cancel my 6:30 PM cheerleading practice. Our first game is this weekend but only 5 or 6 girls (out of 15) will be in town for the Jamboree. My friend Jo has graciously volunteered to take over for me Saturday morning. I'm sure the girls will do a great job.

Have a great weekend! Go Hoover!! Good Luck: Jack, Jayson, Justin & Jake!
P.S. Tracy Lev -- I'll let you know how the band / color guard / dance team perform! Chris says the game just won't be the same w/out you & Rick! (KJ says it won't be the same w/out Jo-Jo!) ha! ha!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved