Monday, August 13, 2007

I'm Melting

"The people you meet become a part of you. They leave their imprints not just on you, But inside you." --- Author Unknown

I know I've gone on and on about the heat but you just have no idea how freakin' hot it is down here! Mon Dieu!!!

So today I had the pleasure of volunteering at the middle school taking student ID photos. What a trip. I had some girls want to pose like they were supermodels, some kids wanted to make gang signs and I even had one boy scrunch up his face so it looked like he was going to the bathroom. One kid wanted to have his ID card made holding up his sneaker. WTF???

Left the middle and stopped at KJ's elementary school to drop off her snack and take-home folder which she left on the middle of the kitchen counter this morning. Ran down to Barnes & Noble to buy some Junie B. Jones books for her little friend's b-day party Friday night (yes, it's a High School Musical 2 party!) and grabbed some Roly Poly for lunch. On my way back home, KJ's school nurse called to say she had one of her headaches so I had to stop back at the elementary school to check her out. She's laying on the couch with a cool cloth on her head. Needless to say, I've gotten absolutely nothing accomplished at home today. My house is a mess!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved