Monday, January 7, 2008

Back to Reality, There Goes Gravity













"There is a universe in the sound of every voice, and if you're a patient listener, you can often sense the heartbeat in the long silences between the words." -- Neenah Ellis

Back to work today. We had a new little boy start in our class, Gavin. He was AWESOME!!! Joined right in and didn't hear a peep out of him. He played super well with the other kids, ate snack and lunch like a big boy (we've abandoned the high chairs and moved on to the table). It was really beautiful here today; like a spring day. We went outside for about 45 minutes after lunch. I like when the parents pick up the kids on the new playground. Meredith was her usually moody self today but damn!!! Is she cute!!! She's very snuggly and was very affectionate w/ me today. She wanted to sit on my lap a lot today. I love it. I'm going to be a wonderful grandmother someday (with the emphasis on SOME day).

Well, my 2 Christmas trees are still up but they are devoid of any decorations or lights. They're just waiting for Mr. Chris to dismantle them. Since it's already 9:15 PM, I don't think they're going to be gone when I walk back upstairs. Tuesday & Wednesday are our crazy dance nights so the trees may still be up this time next week. Who knows. I don't really care either. My mantle is still decorated and the dining table is still set w/ my Christmas china. I'll get it done this week. Guess I'll have to start putting out my Valentine's Day shit. I mean "stuff." :-)
I kid. Valentine's Day is actually one of my favorite holidays. Very close call between Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day.

I just want to thank everyone for their prayers, loving thoughts and words of encouragement while we search for Buddy. You have no idea how much it means to me. Thank you for calling to check on us, see how the girls are handling it, if there's been any word, etc. It gives me hope when someone says they saw his poster at the gas station or the grocery store and today my friend Laura said she calls his name and whistles for him when she jogs every morning. I know there are so many people helping us look for him and I can't thank you all enough.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved