Thursday, January 24, 2008

Heroes

Good morning.
As you get older it is harder to have heroes, but it is sort of necessary-- Ernest Hemingway.
People seldom improve when they have no other model but themselves to copy. --Oliver Goldsmith
God is Love,

Rev Run

Not much going on this morning. Didn't sleep at all last night. Chris is in Columbus, OH and will be back later this evening. It was really hot in the house so I had a hard time snuggling and relaxing. It was freezing when I got home from work yesterday so I cranked up the heat but I did turn it back down before I went to bed but it was too late. My bedroom was too warm. KJ, of course, was cranky this morning. T is 13 years old and has never given me a problem about waking up in the morning; KJ gives me aggravation every day.

I have so much laundry and cleaning to catch up on today. No one has dance or anywhere to be tonight. Yay!!

So you've all heard by now about Heath Ledger. I was sort of surprised he was only 28. I thought he was older than that; mid-30's maybe. What a shame. I just feel so sad for his little girl. I think there's something special between a girl and her dad. It's a different relationship than a mom and a daughter. I just always think about a dad teaching his daughter how to drive, walking her down the aisle, stuff like that.

"If you think there's a problem in the world, you don't wait for other people to fix it. You have to try to fix it yourself." -- Jack Davis, age 11

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved