Friday, January 4, 2008

Friday

"The truth is ... everything counts. Everything. Everything we do and everything we say. Everything helps or hurts; everything adds to or takes away from someone else." -- Countee Cullen

"Don’t be afraid to take a big step when one is indicated. You can’t cross a chasm in two small jumps." -- Buckminster Fuller
Made a couple more posters today for Buddy and the girls passed out more flyers in a couple of neighborhoods. Still no word. I keep hoping and praying that someone has him. He's so freakin' cute and lovable I can totally imagine some other little girl falling in love with him and wanting to keep him. I keep thinking that he scratched on some little old lady's door and he's keeping her warm at night. I can live with that. I really can. It's just not knowing what happened to him that's killing me/us. KJ has the hardest time at night because it's really quiet and she can hear the neighbor's dogs barking. It really upsets her.

To get out of the house and clear our heads a little bit, I took the girls to dinner and to the movies. KJ and I saw "Enchanted" while T met up w/ friends and saw "I, Legend." I think she would have liked Enchanted more. It was awesome! I think it was even more fun because we had just been in Times Square and Central Park last week. ME is spending the night (see!!! I told you I would say something about you in my blog!!!).

Since we've spent the last couple of days looking for the dog, I'm waaaaayyyy behind on taking down all the Christmas decorations. I have a lot of work to do this weekend.

OK. KJ is watching Zoey 101 on Nickelodeon right now. What a freakin' cop-out. Instead of addressing Jamie Lynn Spear's pregnancy, they're shipping her off to England!

"You may be whatever you resolve to be. Determine to be something in the world, and you will be something. "I cannot," never accomplished anything; "I will try," has wrought wonders." -- J. Hawes
GO BAMA LAX!!! KICK SOME BUTT IN TAMPA!!! xoxox

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Valerie, I'm glad you and the girls got out of the house. That is good. I had a dog when I was little, his name was beans and he ran away. I remember so so sad. Of course beans was a little whacky he would hang himself on the picket fence and the neighbor would call and tell my mom, "beans is hanging himself again." Anyway, I so know what you guys are feeling. I still say, he is safe and warm somewhere and I think he'll make it home!

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved