Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ovaries, Schmovaries

So Chris & I spent the early part of this morning at the Emergency Room. Every thing's fine now; I feel much much better. They originally thought I may have had kidney stones but after the catscan showed nothing, they think I had an ovarian cyst that burst.

I was sleeping pretty good (which we all know is very, very rare for me). I woke up around 3:15 AM w/ really bad abdominal cramps/pain. Went in the bathroom and just about died. I couldn't even see straight the pain was so bad (I never actually went into labor w/ either of my girls so I can't compare it to having a baby; 2 scheduled c-sections for both girls). I crawled out to the hallway and laid on the cold hardwood floor. I was drenched in sweat and was doubled over in pain. My stomach was hard as a rock and really swollen and bloated. I couldn't stop shaking. Chris heard me moaning in the hallway and I told him something was really wrong. This wasn't a stomach bug or food poisoning. He called 911 and they took me to the hospital. Actually, a firetruck came down our street w/ light's a-flashing firsts (no sirens thank God!), then the ambulance came. I felt like such an ass strapped into the stretcher on my driveway. At the hospital, there was blood in my urine so they thought it was kidney stones. Had a catscan, no kidney stones. By this time I'm starting to feel much better and can actually breathe normally. They did some blood work (no, I'm not pregnant!) and my white count is a little high and my pancreatic enzymes are elevated as well. So, they think it was an ovarian cyst that burst. I feel a a thousand times better than I did at 3:15 this morning. I'm still a little sore and tender (feels like menstrual cramps) so I'm just taking it easy today. They said to come back in if I start to feel pain again or run a fever and I have to follow-up w/ my OB-GYN.

Seriously folks. Nothing but fun & games in this household.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i know those are sooo painful! i had one that ruptured around thanksgiving. i usually have a little pain during ovulation, nothing too bad and this time, it just kept hurting and hurting. i had to sit down and sort of breath like i was in labor. weird. mine wasn't anything like yours but i have friends that experienced ruptured cysts like that. ouch! i'm glad you are fine. its hard being a woman!

Valerie said...

I couldn't believe how painful it was. I had one rupture in Cincinnati when T was 3 or 4 but it wasn't near as painful as this. I was drenched and breathing crazy. Once it burst I started feeling better immediately. I'm just a little tender but feel SO much better!

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

Crazy, I am so sorry!! I am glad you are feeling better and I am betting at the time it was kindof scary.....SO SORRY!!

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved