Thursday, July 24, 2008

(dis)Orientation and Registration

T had to be @ the Freshman Center by 8:30 this morning for Freshman Orientation. That child hasn't that side of 8 AM since God knows when. But, she did get up, shower and Chris took her to school. I guess they'll take the kids around the new FC, let them walk their schedules, maybe meet their teachers, etc. I know they are having pizza for lunch.

I'll pick her up @ 2:30 PM and take her to registration at the senior campus. She'll get her yearbook photo taken, pay all her fees, etc. Margaret is going to help me out w/ KJ while I'm at registration. I have no idea how long it will take and w/ all the confusion, I don't need KJ telling me she's bored.

Yesterday I somehow had to keep GeeDubya (GW) for the afternoon. Her mom had to go out of town to take care of her mother in FL but said she had a friend lined up to watch both kids all week. Well, the friend calls yesterday and says, "I've had the kids all week (ummm, it was Wednesday AM, hardly ALL week) so what time are you picking Lauren -aka GW- up?" My response was, "Who is this?" She was under the impression I had volunteered to take the 2 kids the remainder of the week when what I had very clearly told Jo was that I could help out in the event of an emergency Tuesday or Wednesday during the day. So, I did the right thing, picked the kid up, let her play for a while and took her back to this ladies house. Holy miscommunication Batman.

Austin came over last night and hung out w/ T and watched some movies. He's a nice boy. When Magster was over here playing yesterday she told T she didn't want to go home yet. She wanted to meet Austin 'cuz KJ said he's cute. Considering that KJ makes fun of all of T's boyfriends, that's pretty impressive.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved