Sunday, July 6, 2008

Please don't eat the Marshmallows





Don't know where she heard of it or where she saw one, but KJ has been bugging us for a marshmallow shooter for several months now. She's been relentless. She would wake up in the morning and ask, "today can we look for a marshmallow gun?" So this afternoon, Chris drove her all over creation looking for a marshmallow gun. They went to the Smith's Variety in Mt. Brook (closed on Sunday). They drove to the Homewood Toy Store (closed on Sunday). Next door was the other Smith's Variety store (also closed on Sunday). They went to the Toys R Us in Hoover. No such luck. I met them at the mall for lunch (I was buying new sunglasses -- mine broke Friday afternoon) and we went to KB Toys at the mall. Nothing. To take her mind off the marshmallow gun I offered to take her to the movies to see Kit Kitteredge. We missed the 4:10 PM movie by 10 minutes and the next one wasn't starting until 7:05 PM. Too long to wander around Patton Creek. I thought we'd try Learning Express as we were driving out of the shopping center and lo and behold! Not only marshmallow guns, but marshmallow bows & arrows, too! Stupid thing costs $30 and of course we had to stop at Wal-Mart on the way home and buy 2 bags of marshmallows! They've been out on the driveway shooting the marshmallows straight up in the air trying to catch them in their mouths (by "they" I mean Chris & KJ, who else????).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry if I commented your blog, but you have a nice idea.

Anonymous said...

To the owner of this blog, how far youve come?You were a great blogger.

Anonymous said...

Funny! You can make the damn things for $1...I bought them at Christmas Village (for more than $1) & gave to all the neighborhood boys. Doesn't last long! lol

Unknown said...

that is hysterical! my boys have been bugging me for one. jack saw one at the toy store in homewood. i told joe he was going to have to wait til christmas. ha, we have about 10 air soft guns and i thinkn they're all broken.

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved