Thursday, July 31, 2008

Twilight

I just finished Twilight. I slept really good last night and woke up around 8 AM and read for a little bit while the house was still nice & quiet. Not sure how I feel about the book. And, I'm not sure how good the movie will be. I kind of feel like Edward is a controlling, creepy boyfriend and Bella is too quick to change her entire life for him. I worry about what message this book is sending to all the young girls out there who have read it (and from what I understand, this book has a cult following). I think too many girls today are so quick to give up everything for a boy. Women so quickly loose their identities -- we are identified as wives, mothers, daughters but never really use other words to describe ourselves. I guess what I'm saying is that I would have liked to see Bella play hard to get. I think she just gave in to Edward too soon and I would have liked to see her explore new friendships in her new town before she fell in love so quickly. As a character, I don't feel that she developed, she just jumped into a relationship.

On another note, last night the girls & I went to Tuscaloosa to hang out w/ Chris & the boys at camp. KJ was so over-tired and cranky and somehow lost her lacrosse ball that she had decorated w/ her name all over it. Then, she got upset because we didn't have bathing suits w/ us and all the boys were going to the aquatic center to swim after their scrimmage. We brought Haden w/ us to talk w/ the Loyola coaches. Haden couldn't attend camp this week but the coaches remembered him from last year and asked about him.

2 comments:

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

Hmmmmm, I think I need to read that book. I have heard the it is a big deal.....isn't it about vampires? I usually like to read the books that cause lots of chatter!

Unknown said...

i am almost finished with the book. i think i feel like you. i think it is just silly that she fell for him so fast espc. after moving and meeting new people and such. i agree, she isn't developing. i think edward is controlling and creepy too. i'm having issues with getting into the vamire thing too. not sure about this.

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved