Friday, July 11, 2008

TGIF & Pool

Just spent a couple hours at the pool w/ T, KJ & Magster. At first we were the only ones there, then a bunch of teenagers showed up but then left fairly quickly, then a bunch of kids showed up and the girls played the "movie" game at the pool and T played basketball w/ the boys.

Chris is home from Chicago. He went to a baseball game at Wrigley Field while he was out there and had an incredible time. He's not a big baseball fan but said the experience was phenomenal. He said they had awesome seats and there's nothing like seeing a game at Wrigley Field. I think it also helped that they were playing the Cincinnati Reds and Chris always says, "that's my team."

I heard some disturbing news at the pool today but I guess I shouldn't be too shocked. I kind of had an idea it was coming. I heard that one half of our neighbors moved out. I knew they had been having "problems" but didn't realize it had gotten to that point. She's a bit of a drama queen in my opinion so I just chalked a lot of it up to over-reaction and attention getting. Chris & I are entering our 40's and we've had several friends in the last year or so go thru seperations/divorces. Some we never saw coming, a couple we were surprised they lasted as long as they did. I think everyone goes thru a rough patch every once in a while and yes Chris drives me absolutely insane sometimes. However, I know he can easily say the same thing about me. Is it bad enough to seperate or divorce? No. Crying out loud. Chris's nightly snoring is enough to send me over the edge but I'm still here.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved