Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Politics Among Friends

You may have noticed the little elephant Republican widget on my blog. I'm not usually a political person and truly do not like to discuss politics or religion among friends. Without sounding dorky, I do think our differences make the world go 'round and my beliefs may not necessarily be your beliefs and vice versa (and I'm OK w/ that). However, the upcoming presidential campaign has really got me going. The more and more I read about Obama, the more and more I intensely dislike him, his wife and his politics (or should I say, "lack thereof???"). His Muslim ties scare the crap out of me and his ignorant comments about "whites" disappoint me (have you read snippets of his wife's college dissertation???). He has turned his back on the family that raised him and has openly embraced a culture that is hell-bent on destroying America. Unacceptable to me.
There. I've said what I've needed to say (and please don't forget this is my blog and I can say whatever I want to say; when you have your own blog, you can say whatever you want, too!).

Here are some quotes from Obama books:
From Dreams of My Father: 'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'
From Dreams of My Father : 'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.'
From Dreams of My Father: 'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'
From Dreams of My Father: 'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.'
From Dreams of My Father: 'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself , the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.' And FINALLY the Most Damming one of ALL of them!!!
From Audacity of Hope: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i say what you say! omg! i'm soooo upset about this election. obama is soooo scary. i don't know how people can seriously say they like him. i'd take john kerry any day over him.

SHORTKIDS3 said...

you go girls ......i totally agree with you!!!

*Yankee Belle* said...

Um did I write this or did you?! We are on the exact same page.

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved