Thursday, July 3, 2008

Weather Pixie must be on Vacay

So one of Chris's "boys" reported to the Naval Academy this week. Wow. I get emotional every time I think about it, can't even imagine the pride his family is feeling. What a very special young man. He was very, very determined to make it to Annapolis. While all his friends will be doing keg-stands at frat parties this fall, he'll be working on his leadership skills. He'll graduate an officer and a man and will fight for his country. I told Chris we need to take a road trip this spring to see Jacob, Brye and Grant & Patrick (Grant & Patrick will be attending college in MD, not far from Annapolis). If Jacob makes the JV team at Annapolis, there may be a chance he'll play against Grant & Patrick. That would be very cool!


My little Weather Pixie icon hasn't been working for a while so I deleted her. Doesn't matter. The forecast for the next several months (until at least late September) will be hazy, hot & humid.


Got a lot done today. I went grocery shopping and when I came home the girls & I cleaned out the fridge. They took all the bins and shelves outside and hosed everything down. I heard KJ say, "this is actually fun" and T said, "be quiet; if mom hears you she'll make us do this kind of stuff all the time." I bought lots of fresh fruit for the weekend and made a macaroni salad for tomorrow to go w/ the ribs I plan to make for dinner. I also cleaned out my purse and wallet. I'm sure that doesn't sound like a big deal, but trust me. It was. I had a pile of receipts from Europe and a bunch of junk in there. Like 5 tubes of lip gloss (all basically the same shade -- got to start thinking outside the box).


Heard from an old high school friend today. She tracked me down on Classmates.com. It was so good to hear from her. She's been married 11 years now and has 2 little boys. She was there from the very beginning of mine & Chris's high school relationship and couldn't believe we were still together. I love wonderful surprises like that and get a big thrill when I hear from someone I haven't heard from in a long, long time. I guess it means a lot to me since we're thousands of miles from our "hometown."

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved