Tuesday, July 22, 2008

St. Thomas


just found out the date we need to be in St. Thomas: Saturday, March 14, 2009. Usually the company flies us in on a Sunday but I think they want all the presenters in a day early so they don't have to be pulled away from all the fun to rehearse for the awards ceremony. St. Thomas was our favorite stop on the cruise. We had a great day walking around downtown, had lunch and hurricanes at the Hard Rock (which closed a week later) and in the afternoon we took a catamaran out to a island and snorkled. The island was very lush, very green, very tropical. We didn't like St. Maarten as much; it was kind of dry and desert like.
Registered KJ for 3rd grade yesterday. I got there right at 4 PM and didn't have a wait. The only thing that annoyed me was the parents who didn't bring a copy of their deed -- the rest of us who were prepared and had copies had to wait while the volunteer went to the copy machine and held up the rest of us. They should have had 2 lines: one for people who know how to read and came prepared w/ copies of their deed and their utility bill and one line for people who were not prepared. We picked up our school supplies and made sure they had the proper information for the emergency telephone system.
After registration we ran over to the High School so T could be fitted for her pre-game costume. I can't keep up w/ this stuff. They have more costumes and uniforms than the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. Pre-game, game day, half-time routine, practice gear, bags, shoes, false eyelashes, rhinestone earrings, etc. I wrote my last check for $275. T is officially a member of the freshmen dance team.
We met Chris at the Iguana Grill for dinner and margaritas (mango is my favorite). Not much to do today. KJ starts her hip-hop class tonight. I think she'll really enjoy it!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved