Thursday, August 28, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies


Really looking forward to the long weekend. Chris has been travelling alot and he's in desperate need of a break.

The girls got up well this morning and both made it to school on time. Poor KJ! She has gym first thing in the morning (actually, that might be best for her. Kind of get her going in the AM). T packed her lunch this morning and used the Harrod's lunch bag she bought in London. She looked like a proper British school girl! NOT!

Last night was our "free" night (no dance). T needed "sticky boobs" for her dance team costume (basically it's just cups that adhere to your skin -- backless, no straps) and a couple of other things for Friday night (a hair net, hair spray, bobby pins, etc.). We went to the new Target and it only took 12 minutes. We had dinner at the Mexican restaurant in the same shopping center and were home by 5:30 PM. The new shopping center is still being built but I'm curious about one store in particular -- a Nestle Toll House shop! What could it be? Just a cookie store like Mrs. Fields (who recently declared bankruptcy!) or maybe like the Great American Cookie store at the mall? Maybe more like a Starbucks where you can sit, relax with a hot chocolate and a warm cookie???

After KJ did her homework we watched part of the new Cheetah Girls movie we TiVo'd and after she went to bed T and I watched Project Runway. I also stayed up to watch a Lifetime movie I TiVo'd about the Texas "Fab 5" cheerleaders. OMG. It was so horribly cheesy and the acting was terrible. There's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back.

3 comments:

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

I have been to a Nestle Toll House store in SC....the cookies are good and it is fun. However, I can bake that particular recipe better than they can :)!!!!! Still fun! Sticky boobs....I am laughing at the thought of that! I had to re read that a few times before I continued on to see what they were. Now you have me hungry for cookies!

Unknown said...

haha, love sticky boobs. we bought nipple conealers the other day when we bought kate's hc dress. i'm returning them b/c she'd rather have sticky boobs, anyway, the unopened box was in my car and rick didn't know they were in there, he was looking for something and came across the box. he told me that nipple concealers frighten him on many levels. lol.

isn't the new target center so great? i am really looking forward to our's being open. yay!

Valerie said...

I think Chris's retina's would be burned and melted if he ever came across nipple concealer's in T's possession.

And yes, I really like that Target shopping center at exit 1. Can't wait to see what other stores are coming in. I saw a Bath & Body works is supposed to be opening. That would be nice to run in for a quick gift rather than fighting Galleria traffic.

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved