Friday, February 1, 2008

Quote Loading



I've got a lot of quotes to catch up today. They multiple like bunnies and before I know it, my in-box is full of them!

Good morning.
Envy is the most stupid of vices, for there is no single advantage to be gained from it
God is Love,
Rev Run


So last night it rained and rained which is a good thing. It was also the first night in a long, long time that all 4 of us were home at the same time. The power was out (I was the only one bummed because I was missing "Lost."). It was actually very nice and quiet; I had candles lit all over the house and we just sat and talked in the living room. I told Chris, "you asked for a relaxing night, you got it."

The joy is that we can take back our bodies, reclaim our health, and restore ourselves to balance. We can take power over what and how we eat. We can rejuvenate and recharge ourselves, bringing healing to the wounds we carry inside us, and bringing to fuller life the wonderful person that each of us can be. --John Robbins
I think my cable box upstairs was struck by lightening because it hasn't come back on. Charter Cable is near Chris's office so he unplugged everything and will take it in to see what happened. Don't know how I'm going to do laundry today. I always fold my laundry while I catch up on TiVo. Now what the hell am I going to do??? Oh well. No clean underwear for anyone.
Every day I gained more and more pleasure from this listening and looking, always seeing and hearing more clearly. As time went on, I appreciated how glorious and beautiful existence is, living. I saw how busy, preoccupied were most people with doing, making. Existence was already so much to enjoy, so grand and lovely, so exquisite. --Laurie Seagel
5 weeks and we leave for Cabo. I chose today, Febraury 1, to start my diet and exercise program because I will have 3 full days . . . today, Saturday & Sunday to walk on the treadmill w/out any interruptions. That's part of my problem .... inconsistency. I'll walk one day, then not have the opportunity again for 3 or 4 days and then I've lost interest. So, send me words of encouragement. I'd really like my ass to look cute on the beach this year. Chris, my other ass, always looks cute on the beach. ha! ha!


Good morning.
You must hang in there!
Your success is measured by your willingness to keep trying.
(Remember this!)
Success is largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.
God is Love,
Rev Run

Speaking of vacations and stuff, my friend Jo just found out her husband qualified for a trip to Atlantis! I'm so excited for her. I love hearing about other people's travels and don't ya' just love it when the trip is free!!! She needs to start saving her money now and putting her extra change in a jar. That place is crazy expensive!
I saw on CNN.com last night that they are looking into "new" information regarding the Natalee Holloway case. Her poor, poor family. My heart goes out to them each time that young lady's name is mentioned. I can't even begin to imagine what they have gone thru these past couple of years.

The whole problem can be stated quite simply by asking, 'Is there a meaning to music?' My answer would be, 'Yes.' And 'Can you state in so many words what the meaning is?' My answer to that would be, 'No.' --Aaron Copeland

1 comment:

Unknown said...

valerie, if my mom can be consistent with her work out which she has, anyone can! i only saying that lovingly mother but its true.:) i know you can do it!

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved