Thursday, May 1, 2008

"The capacity for delight is the gift of paying attention." -- Julia Cameron
"Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek but a means by which we arrive at that goal." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

"Kind words are a creative force, a power that concurs in the building up of all that is good, and energy that showers blessings upon the world." -- Lawrence G. Lovasik

So grammie and pop made it safe and sound. We're all anxiuosly awaiting my nephew's arrival tomorrow. Oh yeah. My brother is coming in, too. But who cares. It's all about the nephew. Joe & Laurie are driving in tomorrow and LCM & Dean are driving in from Cincy late tonight. I got my mani & pedi today and T got a mani and her eyebrows waxed. Thank god. They were starting to look like catepillers. The cleaning lady came this morning and I went grocery shopping so we have goodies to eat this weekend and tomorrow is the Mother's Day picnic at KJ's school and we've been invited to stay for some kind of reading thing. I really don't know what it is.

We've got lots going on this weekend. In addition to KJ's communion we've got a lot of lax to partake in. Lotta lax.

I missed the luncheon yesterday for the director of playschool. I still wasn't feeling great but I know the ladies had a good time. I heard Tracy's painting was beautiful and Tricia cried. That means it was really good. Lots of changes going on at playschool next year: Tricia leaving, Shawn moving, I don't think Teresa's coming back.

Tonight was Chris's last lax practice of the regular season. He lets the seniors get "last licks" against the underclassmen. There are a a couple of brothers on the team and the older boy usually chooses to beat up on his younger brother.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi. ha. i just found out about the picnic last night at baseball. seriously, i almost kept joe home with me b/c i have a lot to do today but then i thought that they've probably been preparing for the moms to be there and i didn't want him to miss it. we missed you at the luncheon. tricia did cry when she read theresa's card and then when she opened my horribly wrapped painting. i think she really liked it. i'm glad. :) have a great day and enjoy all the family coming in! i love it when my family is here. see you at school.

Anonymous said...

I hope ya'll have a great weekend......ME & team really wanted T with us...she's our good luck charm! lol

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved