Monday, May 5, 2008

Ketchup / Catch-Up


"The mind has to explore every corner of itself, leaving no spot uncovered, because if there is a single dark corner of one's mind which one is afraid to explore, from that springs illusion." -- J. Krishnamurti


"Choose your intention carefully and then practice holding your consciousness to it, so it becomes the guiding light in your life." -- John Roger


Trying to catch up today. Mom & Dad, Steve & Brandon left early this morning. They have a long drive a head of them but I sent Brandon off w/ a little goody bag for the car and he's got lots of videos to watch in the mini-van.

Absolutely beautiful day today. Lots of sunshine!

We have a lot of food left-over from the weekend so I won't be cooking at least the next 2 nights. KJ hates left-overs so this isn't going to go over too well.

So yesterday JV and Varsity played (and won!) each of their State Championship games! Afterward we had our team party @ a BBQ place that opened up exclusively for us. It was very cool (and delish!). It was so wonderful to see all the boys and really visit w/ their parents. One of Chris's senior players was awarded the first EVER Alabama Lacrosse All-American award. Absolutely amazing. Who would have thought there would ever be a lacrosse All-American in the state of Alabama??? Maryland, NY, CT, VA, of course!!! But Alabama??? The other exciting news was one of the players from Huntsville was named as Academic All-American. He's a great kid and plays on Chris's all-star team. Anyway, at the party, the kids gave Chris and the assistant coaches really cool poster-sized collages of them coaching. It was very touching. They also gave Chris a plaque w/ the team photo on it, each of the boys names was listed and it read "State Champs" (whic;h was really risky! what if they lost??!!). Chris loved it! I think he plans to take the 2 state champ trophies to the store for display.

I can't believe the kids have barely 2 weeks of school. Our Europe trip is 30-something days away. April flew by; maybe May can stick around for a bit (although I am really, really looking forward to the summer!).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

1). Jack told me today that he just can't eat left overs. I told him some day, he'll be able to eat them b/c they're cheap and really yummy!

2). GO HOOVER LAX! That rocks!

3). Hope you're getting back to normal over there and I love the pictures on the slide show!

Anonymous said...

KJ looks too cute! Great pictures too. Can't decide if she looks more like you or Chris......

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

Sweet Sweet pics of you and your family, KJ looks like a china doll!!!!!

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved