Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sweaty Saturday



T had a couple girls sleep-over last night. They went to dinner and saw some scary movie. Don't know what the heck they were doing but I kind of heard them in the middle of the night going up the stairs (they sound like a herd of elephants and have no concept of sleep). Chris yelled at them to be quiet -- had a hard time going back to bed after that. Chris & KJ got bagels for all of this morning and I went for a walk around the track by myself at KJ's school. Did 4 laps again which equals 1 1/3 miles. It was very nice and quiet. No one interrupting my thoughts. I've gotten some laundry done this morning and now the girls are cleaning up the big pile of shoes downstairs. We all have a very bad habit of just kicking off our shoes in the garage before we come upstairs (see picture at left -- this is what our garage looks like). Drives Chris crazy.

KJ, of course, wants to go to the pool today. I really need to do some grocery shopping. My kitchen cupboards look like Old Mother Hubbard's. Chris has some painting touch-ups to do in the bathroom. Really lovin' the new countertops/faucets! Might meet up w/ my pal Patti tonight. There's also some beer festival Chris wants to go to at Sloss Furnace's. I'm not much of a beer drinker so I might be the DD. ha!

KJ is playing a very mean trick on T. She took her cell phone and threw it in the toybox. T has no idea and keeps wandering around the house looking for it. KJ keeps sending her on wild goose chases saying, "maybe you left in your purse last night, maybe you left in at the movie theater, maybe blah, blah, blah."

Oh! Almost forgot! The coordinator for our trip called yesterday and asked if T & I wanted to see a play one night in London. Yes! He asked what our choices were out of the following musicals: Wicked, Blood Brothers, Les Miz, Grease. Before he finished saying Wic....T & I both yelled WICKED!!!! He said, don't you want to hear the other choices? NO! WICKED!!!! So he said majority will rule but if t & I really want to see WICKED maybe we can just go on our own. Crazy cool! She's dying to see the show. I read the book and positively hated it but everyone says it's not really like the book. We tried to get tickets when we were in Chicago for her photo shoot in January but it was sold out the one night we were there.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are going to like wicked. my parents saw it in chicago and really liked it. they said it was different than they expected but it was good. your trip is just around the corner! can't wait to hear all about it!!!!

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved