Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Get my (drink) paint on!


Getting ready to go to "Sips 'n Strokes" in a few minutes. Should be fun. We're painting "Funky Martinis" tonight. This is what it's supposed to look like. I'll let you know in the morning how mine actually turned out. I'm thinking I might actually be able to do this -- I don't see any straight lines so I might be OK. If it turns out really bad, we'll just put it in the bar area downstairs where it's nice and dark.
Met Margaret this morning for breakfast at Panera Bread. We had a nice time laughing and gossiping. She's glad the year is over. The babies were good but we totally had some kooky mothers. A couple of our babies (OK, they're not really "babies" anymore; they've all turned 2) still aren't talking well or talking at all. I mean like nothing. No comprehensible words.
Today was the awards ceremony at the middle school. It was long and hot. Very long and very hot. But, it was very nice seeing the kids all growed up. As kid's names were called I'd think "OMG! T was in kindergarten w/ that girl" or "Holy Cow! Look how tall he's gotten!" I'm still having a really hard time accepting the fact that she'll be a freshmen in a few short months. I'm thinking it's a good thing they're going to the freshmen center rather than the senior campus. She /we can ease into the whole high school thing. Sat w/ a couple of mom's who also had boys on Chris's lax team. Graduation is Wednesday night and they are all totally Freaking!!! I've got a while to deal w/ that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi. loved sitting by you two today. the kids are really getting so big and old! ha, think, jack will look like that in 3 years. crazy! we totally skipped dance tonight. i'm sure shannon was not happy at all. we just sort of forgot and then it was too late to go. oh well.

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

We had some real "works" as parent's this year too!!!! Teresa and I were glad to be done!

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved