Friday, May 30, 2008

Meanderings

Just a couple of things:
*I saw on the news tonight that today is the 3rd anniversary of Natalee Holloway's disappearance. When we think of anniversary's we usually think of happy times, wedding anniversaries perhaps. Her poor parents, what they must have gone thru and will have to deal with the rest of their lives.
*In other, non-related parental news, Hulk Hogan disgusts me. Jail recordings have been released and he and his son are despicable. The entire family is obnoxious. Nick is serving 8 months in jail for almost killing his "friend" (who is now comatose) in a drunk driving, high speed car accident. The whiny brat is complaining that his cell doesn't have a window and is smaller than his walk-in closet at home (he's in isolation for his protection -- he's 17 or 18 and if he was released to the general prison population, they'd tear him apart). Anyway, Hulk Hogan was taped saying that the friend John wasn't a nice person and "God laid down some heavy shit on him" (basically saying the friend deserved to be a vegetable) and the Mom, Linda, was heard saying that John's mom isn't suffering as much as she, Linda, is. After all, HER son is in jail for God's sake (Gee, Linda. What about john?). After the academy award worthy performance the family gave at his sentencing, Nick and his dad have been discussing reality show deals WHILE NICK IS STILL IN JAIL!!! Instead of doing the time and taking his 8 months to reflect, repent and think about what he did to his friend, he's working on TV deals. Hulk Hogan's daughter Brooke had a mildly popular dance hit a year or 2 ago, she had the best song daddy's money could buy. Now daddy's buying Nick's TV career. Nice dad.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hello hollywood. they're all crazy! i'll take my little calm boring life in hooville.:) thank you very much.

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved