Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I feel good! So good! (sing w/ some soul!)


Feel pretty good today. A little tender, nothing bad. Slept on the couch so I wouldn't wake Chris if I tossed and turned or got up to use the bathroom. Slept pretty well.

Countertops guys came out this morning to fix the backsplash; looks a thousand times better.

I've gotten some laundry done already, made KJ write out some more of her communion thank you cards, made our bed, and started a load of dishes in the dishwasher. I've already spoken w/ T. She's at the twin's sleep-over but is calling to see if she could go to the pool w/ a couple other kids this afternoon. Tracy, I think she's heading over to your pool; keep an eye on her, please. Give her a smack or two if you think she needs it! KJ was supposed to be hand-delivering a couple of her neighborhood thank you cards. She somehow ended up at Claire's and they invited her to chinese food for lunch and a manicure. Sweet!

I'm in desperate need of a shower. I'm nasty (and not in a good way!).

I really need to start laying out my clothes for our trip. I think I'm OK as far as flip-flops, capri pants and t-shirts. That's one good thing about our yearly spring trip w/ Chris's company -- I get most of my spring/summer shopping done early. I know I need some shorts. I think no matter what we wear, we're all still going to look like tacky American tourists.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hi. we didn't get to the pool today b/c of the rain. :( seriously though, no need to worry about kids getting out of line. the life guards will soooooooo tell them. we were there 15 min. and all the boys i had with me got a talkin to. lol. hey, they listened to him. i know they wouldn't have listened to me. we've never belonged to a pool that has life guards, i sort of like it.

Valerie said...

I wonder if Thomas Davis, the 5th grade teacher's son, is working there again? He played lax for Chris and just finished his freshman year @ AL. Will & Ella LOVED him!!! Will totally worshipped him. Margaret said he would get in the pool and play w/ the kids.

Valerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valerie said...

We always have drama at our pool each year. A lady in our sub-division is the pool "manager" (i.e., she checks the chemicals, puts TP in the bathrooms, waters the plants, etc.). We call her the pool nazi. We're only supposed to have X amount of guests, X amount of times, etc. Anyway, there's always problems w/ boyfriends showing up, teenagers having 20 friends w/ them, etc. I really don't care who's down there as long as they don't bother me and as long as no one bothers T when she has friends down there.

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved